Join First Transit as Fleet Maintenance Manager! - Servicing Monroe Transit System
This position oversees and directs the maintenance department operations for Monroe Transit System - 24 vehicles for fixed route, paratransit and support. This role is in charge of supervising 10 employees including technicians, utility workers, and parts clerk.
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- $50,000-$60,000 annually based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits packages
- A great work environment!
Assistant General Manager of Maintenance Essential Functions:
- Plans, directs and coordinates the daily activities of Monroe Transit System's bus maintenance facilities to provide efficient, effective, safe and reliable service to their immediate internal customers and the general public;
- Identifies and coordinates maintenance and building and grounds department programs, assuring that facility and vehicle maintenance are carried out in a clean and safe condition;
- Provides training, assigns and schedules work, maintains the application of appropriate safety procedures, monitors work levels, counsels employees, establishes work methods, and develops employees through job performance evaluation.
- Develops or assists in the development of vehicle, equipment and facility specifications.
- Directs the purchase of necessary departmental supplies and services at the most favorable price consistent with quantity, quality, specification requirements, and other factors.
- Administers employee relations actions and monitors and determines manpower needs. Selects appropriate personnel to meet department's needs.
- Monitors and ensures conformance with all vehicle, equipment, and etc. warranty provisions.
- Monitors and maintains sufficient inventory levels.
- Directs disposal of surplus, salvage, or used materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Analyzes daily and monthly reports of road calls, job assignments and fuel, lubricant, and coolant consumption
- Approves requisitions for the Maintenance department.
- Ensures employee compliance with general shop, O.S.H.A. and E.P.A. rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in work-related area or equivalent (Overall experience may be considered in lieu of advanced education)
- 4-6 years of experience in the maintenance department of a transit agency
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform hands-on tasks and assist supervised employees
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.