First Student is now hiring a Fleet Maintenance Manager at our New Britain, CT location!
Automotive, truck fleet OR dealership maintenance experience considered!
Why pick First Student? We are proud to offer the following:
- Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonuses - earn a $2,000 bonus if ASE Blue Seal is awarded to your shop!
- Growth potential - Advance your career nationwide with First Student, Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Ongoing cutting-edge training
Shop Manager Job Duties Include:
- In relation to shop employees, is responsible for training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Shop Manager Job Requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid driver’s license; Possess or be able to obtain a CDL
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 5 years hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Previous automotive or diesel truck repair experience
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred (company training & bonuses available!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer