Fleet Maintenance Manager
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Maintenance Manager and supervise the maintenance and repairs of buses, other vehicles and equipment to Visalia contract requirements, featuring:
- Fixed Route & Paratransit
- Diesel, CNG and adding Electric
- 164K annual revenue hours
- 87 Buses
- Start of Service – October 2018
We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Top salary based on experience
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews. While the Mgr Maintenance is required to make personnel-related recommendations, some actions require further approval.
- Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Maintenance Manager requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements
- Minimum of 3 years of direct successful experience in a Maintenance Manager capacity managing a transit property/operation of similar size, complexity and scope, and in supervising the work of other maintenance personnel.
- Minimum of 8 years of transit operations management experience overall.
- Minimum of 5 years journeyman level experience with large and small diesel bus engines, air conditioning systems, wheelchair lifts, and GFI electronic farebox systems.
- This experience shall include work on full sized 30' or longer diesel hybrid and CNG transit coaches.
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.