Join the First Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Technician!
This is a 24/7 facility serving Orange County Transit Authority. Must be able to work the appropriate shifts.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $25.65 - $30.75 starting hourly rate based on experience and certifications!
- ASE training and testing materials provided - ASE Hourly Incentive: We offer an hourly increase for ASE Certifications in the approved categories. The more current certs you have the more your hourly rate increases.
- CDL Training
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including medical & dental coverage, company training, paid holidays & vacation, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical degree preferred
- Previous vehicle maintenance & repair experience; CNG / Transit experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license; Possess or be able to obtain CDL within 90 days of employment - Training and testing assistance provided!
- ASE certifications preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.