Now Hiring Fleet Mechanics!
Gas/Diesel/Alternative Fuel Techs
Do you have gasoline light & medium duty experience? Join our team at our St. Landry Parish location! First Student has consistent year-round work - NOT seasonal or flat-rate pay.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- $20/hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT Flat Rate)
- Consistent year-round work!
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane vehicles
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
FLEET TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
FLEET TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver’s license; Willing to obtain CDL (in-house training provided!)
- Technical school training helpul
- 3-5 years of vehicle maintenance experience (school bus or related equipment)
- Experience with air brakes, transmission, Allison, Thomas, and International equipment
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed (Company bonuses and training provided!)
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer