Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Duty Technician! Servicing Seaboard Foods
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Up to a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Competitive ourly Wages Based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Relocation assistance
- Auto/Diesel technical school tuition reimbursement available!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Light / Heavy Duty Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Light / Heavy Duty Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- 2+ years of fleet maintenance & repair experience (heavy and/or light duty preferred)
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Valid driver's license
- ASE certifications preferred (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.