Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
Want to advance your career? Join the First Vehicle Services team as Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
Work in a brand new, state-of-the-art fleet maintenance facility!
We maintain and repair maintain trucks fleet equipment for the City of Thornton!
Choice of Shift: Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm; or four 10-hour shifts, 2:30pm-1:00am
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly pay based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- On-the-job training with room for growth and career advancement!
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance may be available (conditions apply).
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Brand new, state-of the-art shop environment!
Fleet Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Tire, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics) - On-the-job training is provided!
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training and looking to grow!
Fleet Technician requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Valid driver's license; Willing to obtain CDL while employed
- Previous fleet maintenance / lube technician experience
- Must have appropriate tool set
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.