Maintenance Utility Worker - Coach Cleaner
The Maintenance Utility Worker performs bus cleaning and detailing and may perform bus fueling as needed. First Transit employs people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service. We deliver what we promise.
Coach Cleaner major responsibilities:
- Performs routine cleaning of coach interiors, which includes: cleaning of windows, mirrors and windshield, removal of dirt and dust from all interior surfaces, cleaning of seats and floors, and removal of graffiti and soil stains.
- Reports any vehicle defects found to Shop Lead Mechanic.
- Communicates and works with co-workers, and all others, in a professional and positive manner.
Coach Cleaner Requirements:
- Ability to safely work in a congested outdoor environment.
- Ability to follow established cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- History of being a dependable, conscientious and productive employee.
- Must become a member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Union.
- Pass a D.O.T. physical exam and drug screening.
- This is a 5 day, 40 hour per week position and may require work on weekends, evenings or working a split shift. All shifts will be bid on a seniority basis.
- This is an outdoor position, and work is performed in all types of weather conditions.
- Current rate of pay is $17.20/ hour.
- Boot allowance; Uniforms provided
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.