Join First Vehicle Services as an Heavy Truck Technician! - Servicing Sumter County
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $22-$26/hour based on experience & qualifications + ASE / EVT Certification bonus money! (NOT flat rate)
- ASE & EVT testing and training materials provided
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Truck Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services and / NFPA required standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical (12v DC -120v & 220v )/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Suggesting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, achieving supervisor approval as required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers (when necessary), team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Truck Mechanic Requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Valid Driver's License; Willing to obtain CDL while employed
- Direct experience with repairing medium/heavy duty trucks; Emergency vehicle experience helpful
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Willing to obtain ASE Certification or EVT Certifications, including Master Certifications (Company bonuses & training provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.