Join First Vehicle Services as Fleet Maintenance Technician! Servicing USC
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Valid driver's license; Willing to obtain CDL while employed
- 3+ years of direct automotive / bus repair experience
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.