Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Technician! - Servicing OKC RAC
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training preferred.
- Minimum 1 year direct automotive repair experience (Transit or Heavy Duty Fleet preferred).
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations any of automotive, diesel, or CNG fleet repair shop equipment.
- Able to obtain while employed Minimum of 2 ASE certifications from any of the following groups or agree to obtain at least 2 of the following :
T2, H2 Diesel Engines
T3, H3 Drive Train
T4, H4 Brakes
T5, H5 Suspension and Steering
T6, H6 Electrical – Electronic Systems
T7, H7 Heating Ventilation and A/C
- Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Excellent communication skills. Bring demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates
Become a part of our team – Apply today!First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.