Join the First Transit team as Diesel Technician!
We service transit buses at Miami International Airport!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages + $.50/hour for each ASE you posses or obtain!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Paid health benefits for employees,10 paid holidays per year; paid sick and paid vacation days; and more!
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License; Must be able to obtain CDL with P endorsement within 75 working days
- Previous direct diesel repair experience required; Transit or heavy duty fleet preferred
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations of any automobile
- Fluent in English (speak, read, write)
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.