Join First Transit as Fleet Maintenance Technician!
This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair commercial vehicles and equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages starting at $20.00 based on experience and qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Technician major responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains a fleet of gas powered Ford cutaway type ADA vehicles along with all support vehicles.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspects, tests, and aligns bus lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards. Adjusts equipment to standards set by Company and client required inspections and safety standards.
- Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
- Test drives repaired equipment and performs road calls as needed.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized mechanic tools and equipment.
- Performs essential job functions in accordance with company mandated safety standards. Attends and successfully completes all company required training and safety meetings.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters. Refuels vehicles as required.
- Must complete work orders, using an IPad table based device, properly and accurately, to keep track of labor time and parts used in performing jobs.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment, safety concerns and corrective action taken.
- All other duties as assigned.
Fleet Maintenance Technician requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; CDL Operator’s license preferred
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and automotive equipment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
- Has mechanical aptitude and potential to learn mechanic trade
- Must be able to obtain ASE certification within 6 months of employment and must maintain a minimum of an ASE A5 brakes certification.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.