External Job Posting Shopko Overview:
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we have over 300 stores in 21 states throughout the Midwest, Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Southern regions. Shopko continues to grow, while maintaining our hometown feel in small to mid-sized city markets.
We serve our communities by providing top-quality pharmacy and optometric services along with distinctive name-brand & value apparel, home decor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise.
Our professional dedication to Retail Health makes us unique from other retailers. Shopko believes patient education is essential to quality healthcare, which is why we provide high levels of trained non-pharmacist personnel. This allows our pharmacists time for private, one-on-one consultations with patients. We lead the country in pharmacist support. Shopko is one of the largest when it comes to volume.
A career with Shopko provides you with:
- An inventive strategy and aligned company vision
- A foundation of satisfied and loyal customers
- Pragmatic, supportive and accessible leadership
- A creative, resourceful and synergistic atmosphere
- Autonomy, variety and stability
- A culture that upholds the value and respect of each individual
We are proud to offer:
- Experienced & trained Technician support (average ratio of 3 to 1)
- Patient consultation rooms & lowered counters
- Time for disease state management programs in your pharmacy
- Internal Relief Pharmacist pool to cover time off needs
- A Pharmacist driven Leadership Team
- Separation of expertise
- Career development opportunities with an aim to promote from within
- Primary responsibilities include dispensing prescriptions according to professional standards and ensure accuracy of all prescriptions issued under his/her control
- Consults with Customers in a knowledgeable and caring manner; ensures an exceptional customer service experience
- Interacts with physicians and other medical professionals
Minimum Knowledge, Experience, Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D from ACPE approved College of Pharmacy
- Pharmacist license in state of practice
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective interaction with pharmacy team and patients
- Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, & competitive wages.
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.