Monday - Friday flexible business hours
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Follow-up Representative to join the Patient Financial Services team in Shared Services. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
R1 RCM's (R1) Follow-up Representative is responsible for billing, follow-up, credit resolution, and or resolving issues that delay or prevent payment of the patient's account.
Your day to day role will include:
- Uses available tools to complete timely and quality submission of bills and follows-up on patient accounts to ensure the prompt and accurate receipt of payments.
- Uses appropriate follow-up methods and contacts in working with various payer types to ensure timely billing and claim resolution.
- Performs account analysis for claim acceptance, rejection, or denials to ensure proper payments are received and ensures all account demographics including payer information is accurate and up to date.
- Satisfies all requirements regarding procedural, operational, and compliance training and updates.
- Maintains expected productivity and quality standards including working all daily, weekly, and monthly reports timely and accurately.
- Makes appropriate corrections to accounts during the collection cycle.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all internal and external entities. Provides courteous and professional service to all Intermountain patients, affiliates, providers, administrators, employees, co-workers, insurance representatives, vendor representatives, attorneys, and other stake holders.
- High School Diploma
- Computer literacy skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products.
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience and working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms.
- Experience with patient billing editor systems.
- Understanding of the entire revenue cycle process.
- Knowledge of Revenue and ICD coding language.
- 1-2 years of billing experience in a facility and hospital setting.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing regulations.
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.