Shift: Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Follow-up Representative to join the Patient Financial Services team in Shared Services. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
R1 RCM's (R1) Follow-up Representative is responsible for supporting the back-end commercial insurance follow-up function for R1 customer sites. Representatives report directly to the Follow-up Lead or Manager. The primary core responsibility is to facilitate maximum revenue for our clients by working with payer’s to resolve billing issues on insurance claims to ensure prompt payment.
Your day to day role will include:
- Conduct follow-up on denied/non-payment accounts to provide a resolution and ensure maximum revenue flow.
- Work in collaboration with private insurances to ensure resolution to rejected or denied claims.
- Maintain communication with payors via telephone or payor website.
- Answer questions and assist patients in regards to billing issues as needed.
- Comply with all government and third party payers regulatory mandated requirements for billing and collections.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information under HIPPA guidelines.
- Meet departmental productivity and quality standards in timeframe given upon completion of training.
- High School Diploma
- Computer literacy skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products.
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience and working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms.
- Experience with patient billing editor systems.
- Understanding of the entire revenue cycle process.
- Knowledge of Revenue and ICD coding language.
- 1-2 years of billing experience in a facility and hospital setting.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing regulations.
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.