Operate cash register and handle sales for items purchased in food & beverage operations.
- Operate the Aloha POS cash register maintaining accuracy throughout all phases of operation and according to procedure for collection of tour tickets, comps, room charges, credit card sales, cash, employee discounts and staff signing.
- Collect amounts for sales and properly transact the collection on the register.
- Check for employee ID before ringing up any employee discount.
- Use proper procedure for counting back change for cash transactions.
- Assist foreign guests with S. currency when requested by the guest.
- Keep the cashier area neat and tidy throughout the shift.
- Do deposit at end of shift, notifying Unit Manager or Service Manager of any discrepancies in the deposit.
- Maintain possession of bank key and Aloha card at all tim
- Follow all cash handling procedures as outlined by the Food & Beverage and Accounting departments.
- Assist Cafeteria Workers as directed in stocking, clearing tables, doing special functions, etc.
- Lock bank in safe at the end of each shift.
- Perform proper ID check for all travelers’ check payment transactions.
- When necessary card guests for proper ID for alcohol purchases.
- Notify Management of any guests who have passed through without paying for food or beverages.
- Provide a receipt to the guest for all transactions.
- Keep voids and no sales transactions to an absolute minimum.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies while performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous cashiering experience in a food service or retail setting
- Basic arithmetic skills with ability to count back change accurately and do shift deposit.
- Good verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Ability to recognize food and beverage items for accurate ringing up of sales.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.