Position: Food and Beverage Manager Location: Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Okaloosa Regional)
Responsible for the operation of the food and beverage programs with in Hudson Group operations. To execute the programs as directed by the VP Food & Beverage and the S VP of Food & Beverage. To make sure the food & beverage product lines contributes to the profitability of the company. To ensure all food safety guidelines are adhered to. Develop a productive relationship with the general manager and his staff. The F&B Manager must also work as a representative of the company to the various governing airport agencies. To develop and maintain a relationship with vendors and contractors serving Hudson Group. To work in conjunction with the retail division to help manage the clerks, cashiers, and managers. To constantly work to find new sources of revenue and profits. The F&B Manager oversees any off site production facilities such as bakeries and / or storage facilities.
- To execute the programs as dictated by the SVP of Food and Beverage
- To be knowledgeable of expected performance levels.
- To interface with the district’s general manager(s) helping to identify areas of concern.
- To follow up with general managers and determine compliance.
- To develop a positive working relationship with all employees and associates of the company.
- To hire and train food and beverage employees as needed.
- To enhance profits, food safety and grow sales.
- To act as a point of contact for airport and security agencies concerning food and beverage issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY
- To have basic computer skills, Word and Excel.
- To have analytical skills to allow the district manager to understand waste, food cost, and P&L spread sheets.
- To be able to perform basic math computations, write and communicate effectively.
- To have enough management and business experience to be able to be effective in the unit. He/she must be able to recognize potential issues that would affect company profits and liability.
- To also have a good understanding of labor laws, and discrimination prevention guidelines.
- Must be self-disciplined, motivated and able to work unsupervised.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Must have previous related retail and management experience.
- Multi-site and food experience in management a plus.