PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Support the development and implementation of food and beverage initiatives for Inspire Brands International. This individual will develop the approach and processes that ensure the International F&B offerings support the Brand Vision for B-Dubs, and Arby's and future brands while ensuring we have the flexibility to meet local needs and build sales.
1. Function in the capacity as subject matter expert for F&B development programs from ideation/inception through introduction and full roll out.
2. Manage the continuous improvement of our international menu, leveraging strong cross functional and franchisee relationships. Will also be responsible for the resolution of technical issues that arise during the development of new and/or improved products, be they production, operational, or performance based.
3. Define, maintain and evolve the International F&B systems and standards, ensuring clarity across internal and external stakeholders.
4. Guide the localization of US developed food products as necessary and function as the subject matter expert for F&B menu development for new country openings
5. Provide thought and brand leadership to support new market entry products, sharing best practices, existing recipes/specs and consulting on brand fit of new ideas
(other important duties/responsibilities)
6. Partner with Training, Operations, Supply, Q.A./Technical Services, and Brand Marketing in communication of technical information related to core/new products and defining Operational Standards relative to product performance
7. Provide consultation in the development of Global Supply Chain initiatives, including local market supplier and secondary supplier approvals
Required Minimum: Culinary Degree
Preferred: Bachelor's or Masters degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or related field.
Required Minimum: A minimum of 7 years of food manufacturing or restaurant chain experience in Product Development.
Preferred: Strong Background in concept, product and gold standard food development for a National Chain with project management experience in International
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
1. Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
2. Basic knowledge of food production and processing at plant level; thorough knowledge of food safety standards, HAACP, and Serve Safe Certification; basic culinary knowledge related to equipment and technical skills.
3. Must have thorough knowledge of food products, recipe & procedural writing, costs, and manufacturing, plus an understanding of restaurant equipment and services.
4. Requires a thorough understanding of management principles, especially of time management, business strategy, and setting priorities.
5. Must have knowledge of trends, consumer insights, and competitive restaurant/menu strategies.
6. Requires independent analytical and creative effort regarding proper procedures, planning of work, and follow-up.
7. Requires adaptability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while addressing aggressive timetables for completion.
8. Must have excellent communication skills.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Employee will have the authority to make the following decisions, while remaining within the guidelines of the PD process, OSM standards, and Safety First guidelines.
- Food quality decision authority
- Authority to determine appropriate food vendor/supplier to use
- Authority to speak & act on behalf of Food and Beverage development on related subjects