About UsOur business is the wholesaling, warehousing and distribution of dry groceries, produce, dairy, frozen food, meat, poultry, health and beauty care, and general merchandise to retail supermarkets located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana. Our Team Members, an integral part of the supply chain, operate state-of-the-art equipment and are safety conscious and customer-focused. If you have a genuine commitment to safety and respect for others, then our Warehouse and Transportation team might be the right fit for you!Position SummaryHiring Event Detail:
Thursday, September 27, 2018
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
2500 Lovi Road
Freedom, PA 15042
- Inspect food ingredients and food preparation equipment through physical, mechanical and visual inspection to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Perform day to day activities including cooking, scaling, pumping, packaging and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate production records, HACCP and QA documentation to ensure that all meet the federal, state, county and Company requirements.
- Control quality and production costs through: strict adherence to recipes and production procedures, monitoring waste and loss, and improved work efficiencies.
- Coordinate and perform equipment and plant sanitation, as needed.
- Inspect and evaluate equipment requirements to ensure efficiency and safety.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by ensuring that all food safety, food holding, temperature, Giant Eagle and OSHA standards are met.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years
- 2 - 3 years cooking/catering or large volume batch cooking experience required.
- Experience in batching and scaling recipes, Mechanical and technical aptitude, experience with culturally diverse teams.
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Technical (specific to job)
- Wet room, Daily exposure to cold termperatures from 35 - 38 Farenheit.
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Fax Machine
- Kettles, Chillers, Can Openers, Mixers, Dicers, Cutting Machines
- Pumps, Pump Lines, Conveyors, Depositors.