Foster Care Case Manager
Primary Location: OH-OHIndependence-6200 Rockside Woods Blvd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Ready to put your skills to use?!
We make the world a better place for children. We are a leader in therapeutic foster care and behavioral health services in Ohio. We are looking for more leaders who have the talent, education, and energy to team with us on our mission of improving the lives of children and families. If you have at least a bachelor’s degree in social work or similar field, have a professional license, and understand that your interactions with children and families provide the path for a better future, we would like to talk with you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate person who is a strong advocate for children and who is committed to assisting with the challenges of adjusting to foster homes while working on a permanent placement plan. Our Foster Care Case Managers role provides a fantastic opportunity to serve families and to continue a career path in Social and Human Services.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to the individuals we serve
- Partner with foster parents and other internal resources to support transition needs for children in homes
- As part of the treatment team, collaborate with many other professionals (Schools Administrators, Funding Sources, Therapists, Guardians, Parents)
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with Program Director to address questions, gain support, troubleshoot client needs; attend weekly staff meetings to discuss program needs.
- Serve in rotation (with Supervisor back-up) for After Hours Emergency On Call response
- Make weekly visits to foster parents and children in their home
What we offer you
- A chance to make a difference in children's lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A newly revised, competitive pay scale
- Paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay; mileage reimbursement
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field and one year of related work experience working with the population served preferred
- LSW licensed (or eligible)
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Ohio MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.