Foster Care, Mental Health Therapist (Per Diem)
Primary Location: United States-OH-OHAkron
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
You impact lives every day, come join our team and experience how rewarding a career can be as a Foster Care-Based Therapist at Ohio MENTOR. For Ohio MENTOR the Foster Care-Based Therapist (Mental Health Therapist) is a critical role in providing treatment services and, more importantly, to the success of the children in our Therapeutic Foster Care programs serve.
As a Foster Care-Based Therapist, you will conduct in-home and/or community-based counseling sessions and services with children and teenagers in our Therapeutic Foster Care programs dealing with a range of mental health issues such as social skills, appropriate boundaries, anger management, and substance abuse.
We are seeking applicants who are passionate, self-motivated, and committed about sharing their clinical skills and knowledge with a dynamic team. We deliver an array of Behavioral Health Services by modeling activities that help to maintain a safe and healthy environment for families. Help guide individuals to their fullest potential while in the comfort of their homes.
- Provide individual therapy
- Provide CPST services
- Provide professional-level services based on an effective assessment of client needs
- Participate in individual and team supervision as scheduled
- Build and maintain positive relationships with personnel from referring/collateral agencies
- Masters or Bachelor level degree in related social work disciplines: Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or MFT –Marriage & Family Therapy
- LSW, LISW or LPC, LPCC in the State of Ohio
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly.
- A Good Listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Weekly participation in Team Meetings in our Cincinnati office is required
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Ability to work occasional early evenings to meet the needs of individuals and strong organizational skills and documentation skills in managing your own schedule. Part-time staff can work up to 29 hours a week.
What we offer:
- Flexibility with your schedule (Part Time: 8-29 hours per week/Nights/Weekends/Per Diem)
- Competitive compensation/benefits package, including a 401(k) with company matching
- Supervision training hours for clinicians wishing to advance to the Independent Licensure and Supervisory Endorsement
- As a site certified agency, we provide CEUs for licensed individuals under the Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapists Board (CSWMFT Board)
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Mileage reimbursement
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Ohio MENTOR has been a partner of The MENTOR Network since 1983, and is licensed by ODJFS and ODMHAS. Ohio MENTOR is COA accredited.
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.