Foster Care Mentor Recruiter
Primary Location: SC-SCCharleston-4 Carriage Ln
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
South Carolina MENTOR
Help make a difference in children and adolescents’ lives! Join our dynamic team recruiting foster families in the Charleston, SC area. Use your recruiting skills to help make a real difference in your community.
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local providers offering an array of high quality community-based health and human services to children, adults and their families. Our mission is to enable individuals of all abilities, and their families, to thrive in the communities they call home, regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges they face.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Engagement of prospective Mentor candidates:
- Maintains a pipeline of prospective Mentors to assure sufficient candidate flow and maintains contact with candidates throughout the process
- Facilitates initial information session for prospective Mentors to describe the role and responsibilities of a Mentor
- Conducts a preliminary evaluation of the candidates’ ability to meet minimum requirements of a Mentor
- Assures all required documentation is collected to conduct all background screening, including references.
• Selection and education of prospective Mentor candidates:
- Completes the initial home inspection to assess the appropriateness of the physical environment
- Conducts all required in-home interviews with the candidate and all people living in the home
- Completes a written Home Study/Psychosocial Narrative to document the findings of their assessment of the candidate
- Recommends or disqualifies candidates to their Supervisor for final disposition
- Facilitates and/or participates in Preservice Orientation sessions.
- Remains the primary contact for the newly approved Mentor until the point of first placement
• Establish positive working relationship with program operations by attending joint meetings and mutually sharing information regarding foster homes and substitute care homes, including program meetings to match referrals to approved Mentor homes.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all licensing and regulatory requirement and company policies related to screening and selecting Mentors.
- Develop Mentor Records in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Maintains accurate data in required computer systems
- Completes and submits reports as required
• Performs other related duties and activities as required
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in marketing, recruitment, or sales.
- Human services experience or experience with the foster care population a plus.