Foster Care Program Director
Primary Location: GA-GABogart-185 Ben Burton Cir
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Amazing opportunity to use your passion, skills and experience to make a positive difference in the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children and youth at risk.
Georgia Mentor is seeking a Program Director who will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Athens area. He/she will ensure quality of services delivered and compliance with regulatory requirements. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills and an entrepreneurial spirit looking to grow the program!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Manages the day to day operations of one program in a community or small geographic area.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; completes purchasing of program supplies; and reviews and submits billing compliance documentation.
- Implements program core growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximizes utilization and occupancy percentages and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; lobbies on behalf of individuals receiving services and Network as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implements individual’s satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Oversees program quality enhancement and develops individual program plans; coordinates Network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; reviews and submits incident reports.
- Reviews home studies and files to ensure they meet internal and external regulations.
- Implements program incident management protocols; ensures timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
- Oversees program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
- Maintains program compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision staff; implements Network employee practices; implements program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommends and assists with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provides employee orientation and training.
- Maintains licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assures timely and accurate program documentation; implements Network compliance plan; reviews correction orders; and implements compliance plans.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Directs and supervises staff including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in a clinical field
- Three to six years of related experience with significant management experience and program growth in the human services industry
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.