H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, has an opening on our Franchise team. This team plays a critical role in the success of our Franchise business by providing consultation expertise, resources, and operational support. The Franchise Consultant, along with a team of franchise operations support, partners with our franchisees to explore opportunities and efficiencies designed to grow and maximize profits. Together we have built a network that dominates the competition.
As a member of the H&R Block team, associates strive to demonstrate and live the H&R Block Behaviors:
· Customer-Centric – We all serve clients, consistently exceeding expectations. We relentlessly focus on how to "wow" them, now, and in the future.
· Curious - We constantly seek knowledge. We know our own business deeply and apply outside learnings to improve.
· Creative -We look toward the future, approaching and solving problems in new ways. We try new things and never rest on past success.
· Straight-Forward - We give and seek actionable feedback. We say what we mean -- timely, respectfully and directly to those it impacts.
· Determined - We achieve high goals, balancing urgency with patience. We are each responsible for sharing ideas freely and taking actions to win.
· Passionate - We advocate for each other. We embrace the need for change and the quest for excellence.
· Better Together- We use our similarities and differences to make us better. We each do our job well and help others reach their potential.
The Franchise Consultant is the primary link between H&R Block and our franchise community. As such, the role is leader, influencer, and functional expert which includes building strong, trusting partnerships with our franchisees. The Consultant role provides insight, assistance, and guidance to the H&R Block owners/operators on client experience, brand/operating standards, operational excellence, and business financial metrics in accordance with Company policy and our Enterprise Growth Strategy.
What You Will Be Doing
In partnership with franchisees, diagnose and remove barriers affecting customer experience, office performance, client experience and overall revenue. Consult and offer expertise to franchise owners by assisting with and influencing long range business plan development including pricing, real estate, and market level analysis. Analyze business financial metrics to recommend best solutions to improve the performance of franchise district. Formulates succession plan in concert with franchisee.
- Serve as a trusted business consultant to our franchisees. Have the tough conversations and manage through any resistance in a collaborative way. Provide solution-based coaching and consulting to franchisees on tax office operations: people, process, and systems. Know and use our key business metrics to dig into issues and opportunities for each location. Influence the behaviors of franchisees by serving as a resource and promoting the adoption of company programs, products and recommended best practices.
- Conduct on site evaluations and ensure that required standards are met. Ensure franchisees understand the importance of and comply with all operating procedures; develop corrective plans when needed. Gain commitment for correction, and clearly define consequences for non-compliance. This includes ensuring franchisees understand and apply franchising laws to district operations, including HRB’s Franchise License Agreement and Policies and Procedures, compliance with Privacy Laws, Agency Requirements, and other regulations governing tax preparation industry.
- Monitor industry and market by understanding and articulating tax industry trends and knowledge of competition within the district. Understand competitive landscape to identify district-level business growth opportunities. Provide direction to franchisee to identify methods to continuously improve business performance and growth. Make recommendations for new office locations and support expansion process.
- Deepen commitment of franchisees by creating an environment of cooperation and partnership between franchisees and among company representatives. Communicate franchisee perspective to appropriate support teams in field and CSO-KC.
- Articulate and drive H&R Block enterprise growth strategies and priorities, adapting messaging for local market relevancy and community involvement. Identifies and recommends solutions for a consistent business approach, while also being sensitive to the individual business needs of each office.
Other duties, as assigned.