Franchise Support Manager
This position serves as a point-of-contact for multi-unit franchisees within a centralized franchise operations support group, providing support for a wide range of operational, logistical and client service issues. The position will require creative on-the-spot problem solving as well as an ability to work effectively with all H&R Block functional support organizations to bring the necessary expertise to bear on franchisee issues. Individuals in this role will need to develop strong knowledge of systems, processes, policy and procedure that impact day-to-day operations and preparation for client service. In partnership with the Franchise Supprt Lead, this individual will ensure verification of franchisee compliance with all directives, and will escalate and follow-up on escalated issues, as necessary. The role facilitates effective communication between franchisees, field leaders and internal support teams. The Franchise Support Manager will report to the Franchise Support Lead.
• Provide direct support to the Franchise Support Manager Lead to ensure the operational and logistical year-round readiness of multi-unit franchisees
• Manage and support end to end issue resolution for franchisees’ operational and logistical issues/questions
• Includes but not limited to assistance with client service issues, technical or procedural questions/issues, conducting basic application training, coaching on systems navigation, answering “How-to” questions, etc.
• Efficiently and effectively facilitate coordination of other field support services to resolve issues that require additional or specialized help.
• Manage assigned compliance activities to include communicating compliance directives to franchisees, ensuring actual compliance with directives, following up with non-compliant franchisees, and escalating through the designated chain of command, as appropriate.
• Communicate with and support franchisees as directed regarding all run-the-business operational tasks, and in particular, with new programs/services, to ensure full understanding and completion of required actions.
• Keep field management and chain of command informed of franchisee readiness status and issues, as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-4 years operational experience in retail, service or similar work environments
• Project or Process management experience
• Ability to solve problems, and to coordinate with others to help solve problems
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to develop effective relationships
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage a multi-project workload; strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to make independent decisions; assume complete responsibility for work and related decisions
• Understanding of the dynamics of franchise/company owned environments.
Knowledge of H&R Block Field US Tax organization, systems and processes, and in particular, of Block franchise operations.