The Fraud Specialist will work within the Fraud Intelligence Unit to implement our fraud strategy with particular emphasis on proactive solutions to address/prevent current and future fraud. The Fraud Specialist will identify and resolve suspected fraudulent activities with current customers, potential customers, and other outside sources. This person will interact with our business partners in developing a proactive fraud strategy with our prepaid card program and also work with external law enforcement authorities when investigating fraud trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor daily, weekly and/or monthly fraud reports to identify and stop suspicious/fraudulent activities.
- Utilize multiple investigative tools to thoroughly investigate suspicious accounts and/or activities.
- Investigate complex suspicious/fraudulent activities related to prepaid card program.
- File timely and accurate Suspicious Activity Referrals including narratives on suspicious activities identified.
- Obtains, researches, and processes confidential information.
- Establishes and maintains financial files for department; updates information as necessary.
- Take action on accounts including closing, suspending and notating the appropriate actions.
- Responds timely to inquiries and conducts all necessary research to resolve customer requests.
- Monitor Emerald Card activity for suspicious transactions.
- Collaborate and work well within a team environment.
- Participate within a team environment during team meetings.
- Respond to customer escalations and customer service inquiries.
- Prepare recommendations on changes to current reports, procedures or processes.
- Accept special assignments and or projects as directed by the Fraud Manager or Sr. Fraud Analyst.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 6 hours college level accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
0 - 2 years experience with fraud investigations and/or financial products and or procedures
Ability to work independently and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Ability to work within a team environment and contribute positively to the team.
Possess analytical skills and investigative skills.
Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to assimilate into a useful format.
Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
High proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
Ability to utilize multiple internet tools to conduct investigations.
Knowledge of H&R Block financial procedures.
Previous experience investigating complex fraud schemes.
Experience using financial applications and queries.
Experience using a collaboration of fraud tools to minimize potential fraudulent losses.