At buybuyBABY our mission is to be trusted by our customers as the expert for the home and heart related life events. Every individual working in our stores plays a role in carrying out this mission, whether on or off the selling floor.
The Freight Flow Supervisor is a key role in maintaining this success, as they direct all activities that relate to the receiving cycle and the movement of product to the sales floor. The Freight Flow Supervisor manages the productivity and accuracy of the receiving team and the put away team, and ensures that customer service and safety are priorities at all times.
- Supervises a team of early morning freight put away associates, and may supervisor replenishment associates or receiving associates
- Increases the overall success and sales of the store by ensuring the sales floor and stockroom are merchandised, organized and replenished appropriately
- Manages daily replenishment and put away processes within established productivity guidelines
- Provides direction to team to ensure the maintenance of the stockroom is clean, safe and in accordance with company guidelines
- Assign tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates with the department
- Responsible for floor moves/floor sets that involve moving merchandise
- Moves merchandise from shipping containers or conveyances to display cases or sales floor fixtures
- Flexes the stock room when needed to ensure capacity is maximized
- Safely operate and handle equipment and keep in good condition (i.e. Uboats, RF Scanners, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Makes quick decisions on product placement that align with our merchandising guidelines and business trends
- Demonstrates advance knowledge of merchandise categories, customer needs, and/or operational procedures
- May perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to: working in other departments, cashiering, cleaning, pricing, and cart retrieval
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in retail preferred
- 1+ years of freight flow experience preferred
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to adjust schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
- Ability to work with various types of merchandise including those weighing up to 50lbs.
Why You Want to Work at buybuyBABY:
- Ability to grow your skills and career
- Hands-on Training
- Discounts across all Bed Bath & Beyond brands
- We have FUN at work!
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.