Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant will provide important business support for the San Diego Administrative Service Organization. This position will perform a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks including but not limited to: answering the telephone, typing/word processing of documents, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, faxing, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Provide clerical and administrative support for multiple departments within operation, providing outstanding attention to detail, heavy calendaring, meeting minutes and ability to meet critical deadlines
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards and office keys
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed using Concur Travel System
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
- Prepares meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed
- Schedule and set-up resources and technology needed for meetings and events, i.e., conference rooms, catering, WebEx
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (ability to send and receive emails, experience with calendar management and scheduling meetings)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word (drafting, editing letters and documents)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (formatting and editing Excel Workbooks, formula auditing, importing/exporting data, sorting & filtering)
- Proficiency with PowerPoint (ability to create and edit presentation decks)
- Some college coursework or business vocational school education
- Publisher experience
- Visio experience (create plans, drawings and diagrams and general design layout)
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems
- Demonstrates basic analytical skills
- Listens effectively
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills is a must
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: administrative assistant, front desk receptionist, scheduling, MS office suite, answering phones, mail