The Guest Service Agent is a full-time year round position responsible for guest registration, checkout, collect payment and provide property information to the guests, while maintaining exceptional guest service standards.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Maintains positive attitude at all times.
- Follow established Xanterra’s GCR front desk procedures in carrying out assigned duties.
- Register guests in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Within 30 days of employment, become proficient in Opera for Hotel registration, all while following all Money Handling Policies and Procedures.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges, and collection of payment.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, and divulging guest information.
- Knowledgeable of property information (hours of operations, activities, etc.) and provide accurate information of GCR and Grand Canyon National Park to guests inquires.
- Responsible to receive a guest’s request or complaint; own it and follow up to verify the request or problem has been resolved to the guest’s satisfaction; involve the supervisor as necessary.
- Using proper phone etiquette, answer incoming calls, attending to guest needs quickly and efficiently.
- Work closely with Unit Housekeeping department to keep status of rooms current and up to date.
- Work with Bell staff to assist guests with requests as needed.
- Adhere to all Xanterra GCR lost and found procedures, PCI, Cash Handling, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Maintain bank with accuracy and security; close out at end of shift bank, balance and deposit.
- Ability to shift priorities and duties as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service and cash handling work experience.
- Experience with computers and Windows type software.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required training programs.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, standing, walking, using eye/hand coordination, handling, wrist motion.
- Frequently walk and lift or carry up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, handle, reach outward, reach above shoulder, squat or kneel, lift/carry and push or pull up to 100lbs.
- Will be required to stand long periods of time and to occasionally walk up flights of stairs.