The Mid-Level .NET Software Engineer with front-end experience will be responsible for the development of user-facing features for Safelite's core customer-facing websites. This role will have close collaboration with UI/UX team and translation of wireframes and user stories to actual code. The Software Engineer contributes to application design sessions, documents application implementations, and assists in the development and execution of unit, integration, functional, and performance scripts. This role is a key member of a cross functional team requiring proactive partnership supporting business operations meets service level agreements, requirements, and commitments.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Completes application coding assignments that meet provided technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Participates in the design process that generates application functional and technical specifications.
- Documents application design specifications and implementation procedures to improve application quality and reuse of code
- Assists in the creation of unit, integration, function, and performance test scripts to improve application quality and ensure fulfillment of requirements
- Plans and executes testing and implementation of major systems.
- Participates in sprint ceremonies.
- Participates in both peer design and code reviews.
- Provides production support through monitoring, notification and job/service management.
- Participates in vendor review and selection where appropriate.
- 2-5 years of web development experience required.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC required.
- Experience with web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 required.
- JS framework experience such as Knockout, Angular, or React preferred.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and coding techniques required.
- Experience developing responsive or mobile-friendly websites (ex. Bootstrap) preferred.
- Experience in any of following areas: content management systems (CMS), test automation, Git Version Control, web design, MS SQL Server, T-SQL, web accessibility, web analytics, web marketing/advertising preferred.
- Experience with programming; application of job software programs; troubleshooting and resolving database software problems required.Experience with software development, life-cycle and implementation methodologies required.
- A strong interest in the fields of web, technology, usability and design required.
- A passion to learn, improve, and collaborate with others required!
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.