OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Positions in this function assist in creating / routing pharmacy orders through receipt, review and verification of members' prescriptions. Preps and scans documents, verifies member data, submits orders in computer system. May contact members to validate data, request payment information and establish priority of order. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription and reimbursement information from computer system, as permitted by state regulations. Incumbents typically are not licensed pharmacy technicians. May include licensed pharmacy technicians doing non-technician work.
- Sends all Rx's generated from the previous day to physician’s office to get signature (Sends via fax, email and mail)
- Answers phones
- Process all incoming signed RXs (scans them in patient’s record and marks them returned in CPR+)
- Calls physician’s office to verify the information we have in our system is up to date and makes any necessary changes
- Sends and tracks all DWO’s needing physician signature
- Tracks all RXs until we receive them back signed by physician (follows up every 3 days up until 2 weeks, if not received will contact sales and see if they can assist in getting signature)
- Covers for receptionist during breaks and absence
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous medical office experience
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: UnitedHealth group, Optum, healthcare, Pharmacy Clerk, Patient, Phone, Calls, Scanning, Faxing, Medical Office, Rx