You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. Here at OptumRX we’ve earned the trust of more than 65 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyle. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from members who have questions about their prescriptions and you’ll use your personality and our tools to make each call successful. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:30am to 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime, including weekends and holidays. Our office is located at 145 Bodwell Street, Avon, MA.
- Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, dispenses specialty pharmaceuticals and related supplies according to state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- Processes, packs and ships outgoing pharmacy orders ensuring drug and patient education materials are included
- Performs drug and supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties including proper storage of drugs and supplies, appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, and routine monitoring of pharmacy temperature and environmental controls.
- May contact patients/members to validate prescription order data and to confirm shipping details
- May support the resolution of rejected claims
High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent years of work experience
6+ month of experience in a pharmacy environment working with the following: prescription processing, dispensing medications and providing customer service
Proficient in translating health care - related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
Prior health care experience
Ability to work any 8 - hour shift schedules (40 hours / week) during normal business hours of (8:30 am to 5:00 pm) Monday - Friday and work occasional overtime, including weekends and holidays given the business need
1+ years of experience in a pharmacy environment working with the following: prescription processing, billing, claims, prior authorization
Current and active State of Massachusetts Pharmacy Tech License
Knowledge of billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer service; Avon, MA; Pharm Tech; Technician; Pharmacy; OptumRx; Specialty