The Software Engineer develops, tests, and implements/maintains application code to specifications and architectures provided by application designs and user requirements. This role contributes to application design sessions, documents application implementations, and assists in the development and execution of unit, integration, functional, and performance scripts. This role is a key member of a cross functional team requiring proactive partnership supporting business operations meets service level agreements, requirements, and commitments.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Completes application coding assignments that meet provided technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Participates in the design process that generates application functional and technical specifications.
- Documents application design specifications and implementation procedures to improve application quality and reuse of code
- Assists in the creation of unit, integration, function, and performance test scripts to improve application quality and ensure fulfillment of requirements
- Plans and executes testing and implementation of major systems.
- Participates in sprint ceremonies
- Participates in both peer design and code reviews
- Provides production support through monitoring, notification and job/service management
- Participates in vendor review and selection where appropriate
- Other duties assigned by management
- 2-5 + years of experience in application coding and in creating computer applications and/or databases.
- AWS, MuleSoft, Angular Framework and Git experience would be a plus
- Experience with the implementation, maintenance, and support of a software solution, preferably within a Scrum agile methodology.
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative environment.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.