How's this for a challenge? Help us transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology. Pretty ambitious? Yes. But it also pretty much guarantees that you won't be bored. Ever. Because here, at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you'll have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as an Applications Developer. You'll work alongside some of the most engaged and brilliant people in our business; people who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day.
As a Full stack application developer within the Big Data engineering team of about 40 engineers, you will be accountable for developing data driven applications. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on bringing the healthcare data together. These products are mostly analytical in nature and we use advanced technologies in big data space to provide a cutting edge solution to solve business opportunities.
Watch this video to learn more about Optum Technology Careers
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Build data driven applications using open source technologies that drive better, cheaper and faster consumption of data
- Build and deliver in DevOps model using automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Designing and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Designing reusable components, frameworks and libraries, working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and interacts with business partners and key contacts
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
- Act as a liaison for the leadership management team, provide updates and status reports
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines
- Mentor and guide other engineers within the team
- 8+ years in the software engineering profession
- 8+ years hands-on expertize with UNIX, JAVA, SQL
- 5+ years hands-on expertise with building API's (removed perf tuning, as only mentioned here)
- Experience with AWS, Spring Boot, Hibernate, NoSQL databases
- Experience with leveraging Jenkins, Docker/ Mesos/Kubernetes etc. for application build out in CI/CD pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on expertize with Java Applications (technologies including Angular JS, React JS, Chart JS, D3 etc.)
- Experience with Big data technologies (PIG, SPARK, HBASE, HIVE, SQOOP, MAPR, Streaming technologies, machine learning libraries)
- Healthcare experience
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Full stack developer, Java, developer, software engineer, Unix, Java , SQL, API, AWS, Spring Boot, Hibernate, NoSQL databases, Jenkins, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Angular JS, React JS, Chart JS, D3, big data, PIG, SPARK, HBASE, HIVE, SQOOP, MAPR, Streaming technologies, machine learning libraries, healthcare, Minnesota