Summary:Responsible for replenishing empty or near-empty selecting slots insuring that product is properly rotated. Drive electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:.
- Move levers and press pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Position forks under, over, or around loaded pallets, boxes, products, or materials, and transports load to designated area.
- Unload and stack product by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Load or unload materials onto or of pallets.
- Reference RFS computer and/or appropriate computer printout to find overhead location of item which needs to be replenished.
- Remove needed product from overhead slot and place in appropriate selecting slot using the standard methods for replenishment.
- Record appropriate information in RFS computer concerning replenished product.
- Return empty pallets from selecting slots to dock stack 16" high.
- Remove plastic wrap, string or tape from selection slots.
- Separate chep, regular, and plastic pallets from slots.
- Keep work area clean and clear of debris.
- Place "lost" cases in correct locations as needed.
- Follow company's safety policies and procedures.
- Follow company policy.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other associates of the organization. Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Warehouse management system (Triceps), VLM Time System, Forklift RF Unit, Triceps Scan Station. Certificates and Licenses: Must pass Forklift Certification Test. Other Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme warmth (weather related). The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.