At OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're reinventing Pharmacy Benefit Management by taking Pharmacists out of a retail or hospital setting and letting them care for our members over the phone. It's a chance to work in a non-traditional setting as you consult with physicians regarding medications and overall wellness. Even better, you'll enjoy greater freedom and still have an opportunity to positively impact our members' lives. Join us and use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. It's a chance to make an impact while doing your life's best work.(sm)
BriovaRx® is proud to be part of the OptumRx® family. A leading pharmacy care services company connecting more than 65 million Americans to improved care, lower costs and a better health care experience, OptumRx shares our unique and passionate patient - centric philosophy. What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day.
***We are currently seeking a Pharmacist to work between the hours of 7:30am - 9pm EST, Monday-Friday and every 3rd Saturday. Flexibility to work rotating shifts within the hours of is required.***
The Consulting Pharmacist role is a telephonic based position in a specialty mail order pharmacy that will mainly consist of inbound phone calls from both patients and prescribers.
- Verify the accuracy of prescriptions translated by pharmacy technicians
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of a patient’s drug therapy through Drug Utilization Review, while meeting department standards for productivity and quality
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations pertaining to the dispensing of controlled substances and the maintenance of required records
- Provide drug information to patients and co - workers
- Communicate and interact with members and other health care providers regarding a member’s drug therapy
- Complete other tasks and assignments as it relates to the practice of pharmacy
- Bachelor or Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Indiana
- Ability to navigate MS Office and a Windows based environment and the ability to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word. Ability to navigate Outlook and conduct Internet searches
- 2 years of previous experience as a licensed pharmacist
- Pharmacist experience in mail order (PBM setting) and / or a high volume retail pharmacy
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment Job Keywords: Pharmacist, Staff Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacist, PBM, Mail Order, Jeffersonville, IN, Indiana, Louisville, KY, Kentucky, Optum, Consulting, Telephonic, PharmD