No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Full-Time Driver – No CDL Required – $16.32/Hour Starting Wage
At First Transit, drivers are the foundation of our business. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. Drivers start at $16.32/hour and receive a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages starting at $16.32/hour
- Generous benefits package: medical coverage, dental, vision, life, and more…
- Paid training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid time off benefits
Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive lift equipped vans in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, or bus mechanical concerns
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports as needed
Driver job requirements:
- No CDL required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Have at least 5 years of driving experience (personal or professional) - Not including time with a learners permit or provisional license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- This is a 24-hour facility with training starting at 6:00 am
- Must have a valid DC/MD/VA driver's license.
- All candidates will require successful passing of a drug screening and background check.
If selected for an interview, please ensure you have the following:
- A FULL (complete history) CERTIFIED copy of your driving record (no more than 30 days old).
Join our team! Apply today online or in person at 8621 Central Avenue, Capitol Heights, MD 20743!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through a fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have further questions about the position, please call 301-310-3394 or email Brandon.Lyons@firstgroup.com.