The majority of the responsibility of the Department Specialist is the supervision and development of an assigned category to drive sales and meet retailer and client expectations utilizing 5 Key Steps. This responsibility is demonstrated by effectively selling and educating customers and store personnel about product lines and other projects(s) deemed necessary. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consists of Collaboration, Presell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
SUPERVISION: The Department Specialist reports directly to the District Sales Manager
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES include but are not limited to the following:
· Build rapport and daily communication with Store Managers and teams and Market Managers, as needed.
· Train, supervise, and develop skills of Sales Merchandisers, Territory Sales Leads, and seasonal associates.
· Quickly adapt to and learn the requirements and operations specific to the assigned category within Walmart and interact effectively with store/department management to manage expectations and results.
· Have detailed knowledge of all company policies, including the device policy, and responsibility for training other associates.
Pre-Sell and Awareness:
· Consistently meet placement goals through advance planning and communication with store management.
· Ensure that key stores within an assigned Ring of Fire are consistently maintained at a “tour ready” status.
· Maintain account aesthetics and consistently maintain above average project execution compliance.
· Responsible for communicating programs and initiatives to retail partners, store managers, department managers, associates and customers.
· Make DSM aware of success or potential barriers.
· Educate customers and store personnel on the features and benefits of our client’s brands and product lines.
· Lead, coach, and execute all projects in all areas of the store.
· Manage and coach assigned associates in their responsibilities for executing projects with required quality and accuracy.
· POP maintenance, modular maintenance, and inventory reporting with high level of integrity and accuracy.
· SP* Certified to perform all available functions.
· Knowledgeable, detailed understanding and consistent use of all available functions of handheld device.
· Maintain company, client and retailer confidentiality.
· Assist DSM in assessing status of current programs and promotions within the district.
· Provide store management competitive shopping data.
· Communicate sales and promotional placement results with Store / Market management.
· Ensure all associates are communicating post reporting results to store management
· Report specific request, needs, and sales opportunities to DSM, Client Services, and TSLs.
· Consistent feedback on new and ongoing programs to Client Services Group through DSM, ROC and RSM
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
· Leadership – the individual effectively teaches, coaches and counsels associates by effectively communicating and providing follow-up.
· Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
· Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
· Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
· Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors their own work to ensure quality.
· Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
· Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve.
· Integrity - the individual acts in such a way that instills trust from management, other associates, as well as customers. Acts with honesty while assisting customers, processing transactions, handling money, and confidential information.
· Teamwork - the individual has the ability to work with others including partners, vendors and customers in a positive manner. They understand others’ roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be a successful team. Demonstrates a collaborative interaction with peers to reach a common goal.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS, including but not limited to the following:
· Lifting objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects/product up to 35 lbs, in addition, the ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 lbs with assistance from another associate.
· Work performed could be while sitting, standing, or walking.
· Work performed will entail fine manipulation of hands or fingers, as well as repetitive hand action.
· Work performed will entail bending, twisting, squatting, and climbing as well as upper and lower body mobility.
· This position will require a large amount of travel between accounts.
Retail Execution East LLCSales