How’s this for a challenge? Help us transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology. Pretty ambitious? Yes. But it also pretty much guarantees that you won’t be bored. Ever. Because here, at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you’ll have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as an Applications Developer. You'll work alongside some of the most engaged and brilliant people in our business; people who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day. Primary Responsibilities:
- Help predict emerging customer needs while developing business strategies and innovative solutions to meet them
- Develop/manage business plans and lead large, complex projects
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products and/or approaches to help solve complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 + years of experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle
- 3 + years of development experience with SQL, Net, or Web Development
- Health care industry experience
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Familiarity with web development ASP, XML, Azure Cloud, Web Services
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting, C#, Big Data application development
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: application development, application developer, Information Technology, IT, Optum, software, engineer, agile, SDLC, SQL, VB.Net, SSIS, Web Development, Wausau, WI, Wisconsin, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota