As a Full Stack Java Developer in Optum Advisory Services, you'll provide people, process and technology consulting services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system. You'll use your strong business and technology acumen to work closely with clients to define, develop and implement business requirements to ensure needs are captured and critical deliveries are executed. This consulting career gives you the opportunity to share in a mission that inspires. You'll see your ideas come to life and your achievements recognized. You won’t find more interesting challenges. And you won’t find smarter people working together to solve them. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Full Stack Developer will be helping to build out new features and fix defects for an existing product suite.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience
- 5+ years of Java programming experience
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful APIs using Spring Boot
- 3+ years of building RDBMS (SQL) experience
- 1+ years of using Git / GitHub
- Working experience with Docker, Jenkins, Openshift / Kubernetes / DCOS or public cloud
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Angular 4
- Experience with MySQL
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java, REST, API, Git, Spring Boot, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota