- Join as a front office quantitative analyst supporting the FX business in San Francisco.
- Develop quantitative models, implement these models in a cross asset model library, and produce high quality model documents that satisfy model validation and regulatory requests.
- Collaborate with Partners in the Front Office, Middle Office, Technology, Model Governance and other areas.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience in a front office quantitate analyst role in capital markets
- Experience in FX derivatives: vol surface building, model development. Strong knowledge of the current modeling approaches in FX.
- Working Knowledge of interest rates swaps and cross currency swaps
- Ability to create new models from scratch
- Experience in interpreting and implementing models and platforms for new regulations; experience in dealing with stress testing (CCAR, etc)
- Ability to explain complex mathematical concepts to a variety of audiences that may be both mathematical and nonmathematical in nature.
- Strong programming skills in C++. Experience in working in a cross asset platform, and sharing/contributing to the platform
- Strong spreadsheet skills, including VBA experience
- PhD or equivalent in math or highly quantitative science fields
- Experience in Java/Python or similar high level programming language is a plus
- American Monte Carlo and Local Volatility expertise is a plus
- Expertise in PDE numerical solutions on grids is a plus
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.