This position develops, improves and maintains the grounds in and around The Oasis at Death Valley, The Inn and The Ranch.Responsibilities
- Maintains security and safety of all job sites and work areas for self, fellow workers, staff, guests and any other person(s) possibly affected during performance of assignments.
- Performs all assignments as directed by the Lead Gardener, Golf Course Superintendent , Horticulturist and/or Assistant Golf Course Superintendent while maintaining safety, quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Waters vegetation to maintain health and appearance.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs irrigation systems.
- Mowing, edging, pruning, trimming and planting of vegetation.
- Maintains and develops ponds, fountains, and other decorative landscaping.
- Keeps equipment and tools of the trade in good working order.
- General grounds cleanup of trash and wind debris.
- Provides assistance in special events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Six (6) months previous gardening/landscaping, small to mid-size equipment operation and irrigation experience preferred. Experience that indicates a familiarity or aptitude for grounds maintenance.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder up to 40 feet from ground level.
- Ability to travel over uneven terrain throughout the shift.
- Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures.