BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
GAS STATION TEAM MEMBER
Responsible for the daily operation of the gas station, performing opening and closing procedures, monitoring and maintaining gas station equipment, assisting members with gas station transactions and payments, and complying with safety, environmental and security standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides exceptional member service and promptly assists members as needed. Ensures the safety of people, property and environment while assisting members with gas station transactions.
- Responsible for monitoring gas station sales transactions and handling cash transactions when applicable.
- Monitors gas station reporting, ensures reports are generated, and performs gas station checklist procedures. Properly documents and addresses identified issues.
- Accurately performs all opening and closing procedures.
- Regularly monitors and maintains gas station equipment.
- Oversees the fuel delivery process and performs required preparation procedures.
- Understands the safety and security features of the gas station and complies with safety, environmental and security standards. Informs management and help desk when any alarms are present.
- Performs cash drawer procedures including cash deposit, verification, documentation and control procedures.
- Performs competitive price surveys daily and ensures posted gas prices and club signage match the pricing in the POS (point of sale) system
- Understands and properly follows all spill bucket and spilled material procedures including immediate response and clean up procedures at the gas station.
- Logs all visitors and obtains proper ID before allowing anyone inside the kiosk area. Notifies corporate office of any non-routine maintenance vendor visits including, but not limited to, weights and measures, inspectors and state employees.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Previous gas station operating experience preferred.
- Experience operating a cash register preferred.
- Must be able to complete all required training.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- May require occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Could require long periods of sitting/standing and some bending.
- Occasional exposure to flammable liquids and strong smells.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.