Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The General Ledger Accountant has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
This position handles various aspects of general ledger, inventory, and intercompany accounting functions. Also assists in the month-end and year-end closing processes and various account and inventory reconciliations, account detailed and variance analysis, and other special project accounting activities.
- Prepare month-end reports and certain journal entries to record recurring expenses, statistical inventory data, and intercompany charges for inventory items. Perform specific GL account reconciliations and analysis of certain expense accounts.
- Run WMS month-end inventory reports. Perform the close process for Inventory module. Reconcile warehouse and shops’ finished goods inventory with general ledger.
- Prepare month-end retail valuation for certain inventory accounts, review intercompany inventory reports and prepare adjustments on intercompany items.
- Perform month-end review and analysis of multi-inventory accounts to ensure correct cost, evaluate transactions and investigate errors.
- Perform specific balance sheet account reconciliations, cost of sales analysis, monthly sales and pounds sold reports, and analysis of certain expense accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of holiday inventory spreadsheets, intercompany quota reports and seasonal pounds sold reports.
- Participate in shop and warehouse cycle count program and observe in interim and year-end physical inventory in the warehouses and plant facilities.
- Support management on various projects or duties as required within the accounting department; provide assistance to other members of the Accounting team as requested.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 2-5 years general accounting experience. Inventory or cost accounting experience in a manufacturing or retail environment a plus.
- Software experience must include advanced MS Excel (including creating/maintaining templates, pivot tables, V-lookups) and integrated ERP systems, preferably Oracle Financials (R11i or R12).
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work with minimal direction in a highly collaborative manner to meet required deadlines and perform all necessary tasks.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Saturday schedule required once per month to observe month-end physical inventory counts in Bay Area (approx. 4 hours).
- 10-25% travel required to perform inventory observations at various shop, warehouse and plant locations in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles area, as needed.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).