General maintenance position provides support to all trades.
- Maintain security and safety of all job sites and work areas for self, fellow workers, staff, guests and any other person(s) possibly affected during performance of assignments.
- Perform all assignments as directed by the Assistant Director of Engineering/Lead GMA (or his/her designate) assuring safety, quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation within the department and throughout the property.
- Work hours, shifts, and overtime as required and/or assigned by the Assistant Director of Engineering or his/her designate.
- Provide labor to facilitate Working Leads’ assignments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver’s license.
- At least 6 months experience in general maintenance.
- Basic understanding of electrical, carpentry, painting and plumbing.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder up to 40 feet from ground level.
- Ability to enter and work in crawl spaces, attics and manholes.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments with extreme temperatures.