The Lead Maintenance Engineer is a full time postion responsible for overseeing the day-to-day duties of the facilities craft personnel, while performing advanced routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair activities associated with the operation of all Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel facilities.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Knowledge of all functions associated with the Engineering/Maintenance Department trades under supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
- Handle multiple calls or work orders, work independently and perform trade call outs as necessary.
- Preform intermediate computer skills to effectively communicate electronically; conduct product, equipment and General Building Code compliance research.
- Perform Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures.
- Carryout repairs on ceilings, floors and walls by combining plaster of spackle and painting.
- Assist lower level skilled Maintenance Technicians in different phases of building, construction and general maintenance and review tasks performed by them to ensure that they are a good condition. While assisting with training and development of lower General Maintenance grades.
- Repair and change electronic door locks in the building and perform complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all employee and guest.
- Assist in the development of in-house projects, including feasibility, cost and priority.
- Coordinate trade teams for in-house project implementation under the direction of the project manager.
- Ensure that work orders are being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make Maintenance Manager aware of any delays in completing work orders.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in scheduling staff.
- Provide recommendations to the Maintenance Manager on recommendations for promotion to higher grade in craft.
- Provide technical assistance to craft supervisors as required to execute complex work when required.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to all prescribed Company, statutory/regulatory policies and procedures regarding worker safety, risk management, environmental policies, HAZMAT, HAZCOM, confined space, lockout/tag out and vehicle operation.
- The Lead Maintenance Engineer’s schedule will include weekends with regularly scheduled days off during the week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in general building maintenance, or in trades such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, etc. and competency in General Maintenance I & II positions.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel software)
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with ability to give clear directions.
- Must obtain a (Certified Pool Operator) CPO certificate within 90 days of accepting a lead position.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, walking, balancing, climbing, twisting, eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping, ascending and descending ladder.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Constant carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.