Handle all general maintenance work orders and general preventive maintenance.
- Complete general maintenance assigned maintenance requests, ensuring timely completion, thoroughness and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining water softeners according to preventive maintenance schedule in designated areas, including maintaining salt inventory.
- Handle multiple call-outs or work orders, work independently and perform trade call outs as necessary.
- Operate designated heavy equipment safely and efficiently as necessary and directed.
- Perform second level maintenance and repairs as related to the preventive maintenance program.
- Ability to perform second level trade functions such as electrical motor trouble shooting to 220 volts, plumbing, refrigeration/HVAC, basic boiler operation and kitchen equipment repair.
- Perform basic carpentry and painting duties as necessary and directed.
- Report maintenance problems in an accurate fashion that require trade specific skill and attention.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Work second shift as assigned.
- Assist in the training and development of lower General Maintenance grades.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three-years experience in general building maintenance, or in trades such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, etc.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within 90 days of start date and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Possess physical ability to complete assigned tasks, including entering confined space, ascending/descending ladder, and safely lifting up to one hundred
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.