This is a full time year round entry level General Maintenance Engineer III position. The position is responsible for performing basic maintenance and repair activities associated with the operation of all Grand Canyon Railway facilities.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Assist in the completion of general and preventative maintenance activities, ensuring timely completion, high quality, thoroughness and cost effectiveness. This includes indoor and outdoor activities in department that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Shift changes can occur based on the demands of the service and special assignments or projects that arise.
- Perform basic record keeping duties and perform basic equipment data collection and recording functions.
- Perform basic equipment repair, such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC maintenance, mechanical, painting etc.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance duties such as filter changing, motor/pump maintenance, evaporative cooler maintenance, ice machine maintenance, etc. as it applies to the preventive maintenance program.
- Deliver supplies and materials to various locations and departments within the company.
- Transport guests and luggage as required.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment in performing assigned tasks.
- Represent the company in a positive manner and minimize the impact of maintenance activity on the guests.
- Perform outside custodial duties; such as snow and ice removal from sidewalks and or walkways, mowing lawns, weeding flower beds, and clearing grasses to ensure a clean and healthy environment.
- Work various shifts as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Minimum one year experience in general building maintenance or in trades such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or carpentry.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions or directives.