The person in this position manages a regional profit center made up of one or more railroad-related operations. He or she establishes and executes the regional business plan in support of the overall company business strategy and provides leadership and management of the region through subordinate managers.
- Oversee the execution of regional operations to meet or exceed budget and other financial goals through direction and interaction with management team
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development of the region to support strategic business goals of the company
- Monitor the business climate for the region to develop new business opportunities, ensure excellent customer service, expand business, and maintain existing relationships
- Develop and maintain an effective regional team through the selection, termination, training, compensation, review, and motivation of employees
- Monitor the regional railroad industry for mergers, joint ventures, or acquisition opportunities; advise and participate in potential transactions in regional area
- Develop region-specific work rules and implement company policies and procedures designed to promote company core values, within and outside the company, and to further build the company’s image
- Develop and maintain high performance standards and sound employee relations within the region
- Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Ten years of railroad operations-management experience with profit-and-loss accountability
- Fifteen years of railroad management experience as an operations manager with profit-and-loss accountability preferred; experience in mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree in business management or transportation management preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Panama City, Florida, United States